Developer Options is a secret menu in Android phones’ settings, which allows developers and advanced users to root Android phones, install custom ROM, enable camera2api, and more. It contains many useful options to tweak your Android, such as USB debugging for developers, OEM unlocking to unlock device bootloader, Mock location feature, Demo mode, Stay awake, etc. However, this option is disabled by default in Android, but you can enable it from the settings and access all the menus. In this tutorial, I will show you how to enable developer options in any Android smartphone.
- What is USB Debugging? How to Enable USB Debugging on Android?
- How to Flash Custom ROM on Android
- Here’s how to Root your Android Phone [Best Rooting Methods]
How to enable developer options in Android
You can enable developer options in any Android smartphone by heading into your Settings and tapping 7-8 times on the build number. However, it may be a different method for your specific device. Here’s how to enable this menu for different smartphone brands:
For Xiaomi Smartphones (MIUI/POCO):
- Unlock your smartphone and go to Settings
- Tap on About phone
- Click multiple times on the MIUI version until it says “You are now a developer”.
- To access developer options, open Settings again
- Go to Additional settings
- Scroll down and click to open Developer options.
For Samsung Smartphones:
- First, open Settings on your phone
- Tap on About phone from the bottom
- Find Build number option
- Then, tap Build number seven times
- Enter your device PIN, pattern, or password to get developer options on your Samsung phone.
For Pixel Devices:
- Open Pixel’s Settings
- Go to the About phone section
- Then, tap seven times on the Build number
- Once it says, “You are now a developer”. Again, go to the Settings > Advanced to access developer options.
For Huawei Smartphones:
- Go to Settings from the app drawer
- Select System menu and tap 7 times on Build number. (To confirm you’ve enabled developer options, a message “You are now a developer” will be displayed.)
- To access developer options, open the Settings again
- Then, go to System > Developer options.
Most smartphones follow similar instructions to access this menu. However, I would recommend not turn on developer options until there’s a reason to do this. If you like this tutorial don’t forget to share it with your friends and other Android users. Stay tuned with us for more upcoming tutorials, Android apps, tips & tricks, MIUI tips, WhatsApp updates, and much more.
Try our other tutorials: